I'm Emma. I am creative, assertive, imaginative, and inventive.
Here's what I've done in the past few years, summarized on a single sheet of paper. I've had a some interesting jobs that have taught me valuable skills, taken me to incredible places, and connected me with lovely, hard-working individuals.
Following my résumé, I've included some information from two strength and personality tests. Though no test can truly capture all the facets of an individual's personality, some strengths assessment tools have been developed and proven quite helpful in identifying general personality patterns. The two tests I have found most informative and accurate are Tom Rath's Strengths Finder 2.0 and the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator.
MY MBTI TYPE: INFJ: The Advocate
"Vision and meaning oriented. Quietly intense. Insightful. Creative. Sensitive. Seeks harmony, growth. Serious. Loves language, symbols. Persevering. Inspiring."
INFJ is the rarest personality type. "They are decisive and strong-willed, but will rarely use that energy for personal gain - INFJs will act with creativity, imagination, conviction and sensitivity not to create advantage, but to create balance...To INFJs, the world is a place full of inequity - but it doesn't have to be."
MY STRENGTHS FINDER TOP FIVE :
1. Ideation - I am fascinated by ideas. I look for the best explanation of the most events. I love discovering "the complex surface of an elegantly simple concept to explain why things are the way they are." To me, the world is a series of connections and analogies. It can be rotated and viewed from new angles like a 3D puzzle in order to find new perspective on familiar encounters and challenges. I'm a natural fit with processes of research, development, vision, and dreaming.
2. Individualization - I look for the unique qualities of each person and want make sure their skills and distinctions are highlighted. I build ideal, productive teams by casting individuals in roles that fit their unique strengths so everyone spends the most time doing whatever they do best. I love personalization and appreciate others' likes and dislikes. I am comfortable "among a broad range of styles and cultures, and intuitively personalize your interactions."
3. Activator - "When can we start?" is something you will hear me say often. Once I have an idea, I am eager to take action. I make decisions, act, analyze results, and conclude a learned lesson. I know the ultimate measure of our accomplishments is not what we said we'd do, or what we thought we'd do, but what we actually did. While this may frighten some, it energizes me. I partner well with "focused, futuristic, strategic, or analytical people who will lend their direction and planning to your activation."
4. Maximizer - "Excellence, not average, is your measure...Like a diver after pearls, you search [strengths] out, watching for the telltale signs of a strength. A glimpse of untutored excellence, rapid learning, a skill mastered without recourse to steps - all these are clues that a strength may be in play. And having found a strength, you feel compelled to nurture it, refine it, and stretch it toward excellence. You polish the pearl until it shines...You don't want to spend your life bemoaning what you lack. Rather, you want to capitalize on the gifts with which you are blessed...This person is interested in taking something that works and figuring out ways to make the most of it."
5. Adaptability - I live in the moment and don't see the future as a fixed destination as much as a place determined by our current options. "And so you discover the future one choice at a time." This means when I make plans, I create them with diverse options in order to anticipate what may change; and when something doesn't go as planned, I'm quick and willing to respond accordingly to the demands of the moment. I am "at heart a very flexible person who can stay productive when the demands of work are pulling you in many different directions at once."
I hope this information helps you understand where I may be coming from as we collaborate and inspires you to reflect on your own career journey and to investigate your own strengths!